Moviri enables continuous data flow between Splunk and TrueSight Capacity Optimization for capacity-relevant metrics.
Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization – Splunk®* comprises three connectors, targeted at different data transfer scenarios:
- Splunk Generic: allows to import virtually any KPI, related both to organization-specific business processes and applications or to IT infrastructure utilization. A handy mechanism is provided to map data that can be extracted performing Splunk search queries into TrueSight Capacity Optimization metrics.
- Splunk Web Logs: imports web volumes for NCSA-compliant web servers (e.g. Apache) and Microsoft internet Information Services web servers, that are monitored by Splunk in a Splunk standard fashion.
- Splunk Unix and Windows: imports performance counters for Unix and Windows systems, that are monitored by Splunk in a Splunk standard fashion.
Once imported, data can be reported and analyzed leveraging the various TrueSight Capacity Optimization features, to:
- Gain visibility over time on the behavior of the imported series: set baselines, identify bottlenecks, spot anomalies and periodicity, compute trends.
- Compare and correlate with other metrics already imported into TrueSight Capacity Optimization to get a deeper understanding of how the IT Services behaves as-a-whole.
- Create forecasting models and perform advanced application and services analysis, including what-if analysis, optimization and planning.
The connectors are configurable in terms of data selection, how selected data maps to TrueSight Capacity Optimization data model and how it is extracted over time.
*Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization was formerly known as Moviri Integration for BMC Capacity Optimization (BCO)
Ask an expert
Capacity Management, Monitoring & Troubleshooting
Availability and licensing
You can download “Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization – Splunk” from the BMC Electronic Product Download website, provided that a license has been acquired via the BMC Market Zone.