Moviri enables continuous data flow between Splunk and TrueSight Capacity Optimization for capacity-relevant metrics.
Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization – Splunk®* comprises three connectors, targeted at different data transfer scenarios:
- Splunk Generic: allows to import virtually any KPI, related both to organization-specific business processes and applications or to IT infrastructure utilization. A handy mechanism is provided to map data that can be extracted performing Splunk search queries into TrueSight Capacity Optimization metrics.
- Splunk Web Logs: imports web volumes for NCSA-compliant web servers (e.g. Apache) and Microsoft internet Information Services web servers, that are monitored by Splunk in a Splunk standard fashion.
- Splunk Unix and Windows: imports performance counters for Unix and Windows systems, that are monitored by Splunk in a Splunk standard fashion.
Once imported, data can be reported and analyzed leveraging the various TrueSight Capacity Optimization features, to:
- Gain visibility over time on the behavior of the imported series: set baselines, identify bottlenecks, spot anomalies and periodicity, compute trends.
- Compare and correlate with other metrics already imported into TrueSight Capacity Optimization to get a deeper understanding of how the IT Services behaves as-a-whole.
- Create forecasting models and perform advanced application and services analysis, including what-if analysis, optimization and planning.
The connectors are configurable in terms of data selection, how selected data maps to TrueSight Capacity Optimization data model and how it is extracted over time.
*Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization was formerly known as Moviri Integration for BMC Capacity Optimization (BCO)
Ask an expert
Availability and licensing
You can download “Moviri Integrator for TrueSight Capacity Optimization – Splunk” from the BMC Electronic Product Download website, provided that a license has been acquired via the BMC Market Zone.