We make your applications run faster, use less resources and meet business demands.
Moviri understand the complexity of assuring your applications’ performance, availability and security throughout the application delivery lifecycle.
Performance & Availability Optimization
Application performance and availability is the most critical non-functional requirement of IT services, directly impacting business outcomes: a slow, non-responsive or non-scalable application is equivalent to an unavailable application, eventually resulting in lost revenues.
Application monitoring and performance optimization is Movìri’s core competency, with hundreds of projects successfully completed for leading companies.
- Performance validation (load/stress testing and tuning) projects
- Set up of permanent “performance management” capabilities (in-production monitoring)
- Comparative benchmarking
- Infrastructure sizing
- Re-hosting and downsizing performance validation
- Model application usage scenarios, through the characterization of workloads
- Set up (agent-less) system monitors to identify infrastructure bottlenecks
- Profile code to identify application-level hot spots (memory leaks, concurrency issues, …)
- Emulate user actions in realistic scenarios to measure response times and availability (active E2E monitoring)
- Measure real user behaviour during actual usage of applications (passive E2E monitoring)
- Reduced HW investments thanks to better utilization of the existing hardware infrastructure
- Improved availability, throughput and responsiveness
- Increased user satisfaction and application usage
- Proactive management of performance issues
Since applications are today tightly related to business value, every functional inconsistency is a concrete threat for business outcomes. How do you reduce the risks introduced by changes and perform safe deployments, without increasing the effort required by functional testing?
- Design the overall functional testing process
- Define the scope for manual and automated testing activities
- Set-up a testing platform, based on market-leading products
- Implement manual and automated test plans
- Deliver training on processes and products
- Lowered risk of introducing issues with application changes
- Labor savings in testing teams
Today 70% of application security incidents occur at the application layer (Source: Gartner). Avoid the threats posed by malicious users accessing your services over the Internet, by automating security testing and enforcing sound security policies and best practices at the application level.
- Support application teams with “white-box” testing approaches (automated static code analysis) throughout the application development lifecycle
- Introduce automated security testing, based on “black-box” approaches (emulation of malicious users) during standard pre go-live testing
- Check periodically for security holes in the production environment against an up-to-date vulnerability repository
- Reduced development recycles by the early identification of vulnerabilities
- Compliance to industrial standards (ISO 27000 series) and alignment to best practices (ITIL v3, CoBIT, Oswap).
Configuration Management assures the reliability of information about components (“configuration items”) necessary to deliver IT services to customers. Consolidate configuration information (regarding IT services, applications, middleware, servers, storage, networks and their relationships) in a unique, reliable, federated data store, to boost the performance of core IT Operations processes that depend on it.
- Analyse the configuration management process
- Define a data model representing the relationships among the configuration item types
- Set up an automated discovery process and data feed on the configuration items set
- Release the federated CMDB
- Greater effectiveness in Service Management processes, by providing accurate configuration information
- Minimized number of quality and compliance issues caused by improper configuration of services and assets
- Increased security, by strict management of configuration items.
Service Level Management
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) measurements is the key to trusted relationship between customers and IT. Automate the collection, processing and presentation of the level of availability, serviceability and performance of IT services.
- Define formal or informal Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Define requirements for monitoring production metrics
- Assess monitoring tools to identify source of measurements
- Express SLOs in terms of monitored metrics
- Create reports on service levels
- Improved relationship between service providers and consumers
- Reduced SLA violations by the early detection of poor performance levels
- Deeper insight into service performance